Court REJECTS Ankit Tiwari’s discharge application in the rape case against him!

It seems the singer’s troubles aren’t ending…

Ankit Tiwari is riding high on the success of his latest song – Badtameez. But it seems the singer’s troubles aren’t ending. A rape case was filed against the star by a 28-year old woman in 2014 and he has been fighting to prove his innocence since then. The woman alleged that the singer forced intimacy several times between 2012 and 2013 on the false promise of marriage. Quite recently, he had filed an application for discharge at the trial court, but the summer bench dismissed it yesterday.

Special women’s court judge Anju Shende rejected the discharge pleas by Ankit and his brother Ankur Tiwari in the case and said the reasoned order copy will be made available to them later.

While arguing Ankit‘s case, his lawyer Mahesh Vaswani told a leading daily that the singer and his brother “are absolutely innocent and there is absolutely nothing in the FIR or the investigations which remotely even constitute any offences as alleged in the FIR and chargesheet filed”.

He also revealed that witnesses’ statements did not match up to the complainant’s case. The woman had alleged that she was raped on July 20, 2013 at a party she threw. But the witnesses said the party allegedly took place on July 21, contradicting and thus “falsifying her FIR”.

However, the judge felt differently and dismissed the case. Also check out the story about Ankit Tiwari‘s arrest in the video right here:

 

 

Buffer this pageDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Flattr the authorPrint this pageShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponShare on YummlyPin on PinterestShare on TumblrTweet about this on TwitterShare on VKEmail this to someoneShare on Facebook

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *